NORTH CENTRAL GIRLS RUGBY - 2019
Panther Rugby - Washington Township Middle School Girls Team
Athletic Packet should be turned into the Athletic Office by mid-January
Tryouts will start Feb 4th
Please read this entire website.
- No experience necessary. However, you should be conditioning and lifting prior to tryouts.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. (not Tuesday)
- Meet at Door 28
- Athletic physical packet must be turned into the Athletic Office before participating
- Athletes should have health insurance before participating. See Athletic Office for options if needed.
- If you make the team, dues (below) are due Feb 28th
- To participate on the team you must have a GPA greater than or equal to a 2.0 and carry at least 5 credit hours. The Athletic Office will notify Coaches of player eligibility.
- If you are currently playing a winter sport and need to request a later start date, please contact Coach Suzi, in person, right before or right after rugby practice
Rugby Indiana Dues = $80
NC Dues = $40
Uniform = $90 (first year players only)
- First time players (rookies) must purchase a uniform that they will keep and wear each year.
- All fees will be explained at the Parent/Athlete meeting.
- Rugby Indiana Dues ($80) - due in early March, before first game
- NC Dues and Uniform ($40, $90) - due Feb 28th
- Checks (for the NC Dues and Uniform) are to be made to NC Girls Rugby .
- If you pay in cash, it is helpful to have it in an envelope, labeled with the athlete's name.
- You can apply for a scholarship to help pay your Rugby Indiana dues by applying on Rugby Indiana’s website during registration. This only applies to the Rugby Indiana fee. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to get assistance.
Insurance and School IDs
- Incase of an emergency it is important to have your insurance card on hand.
- All athletes may be asked to show their school ID upon request before playing in a game. If a player cannot produce their North Central school ID to the referee, she will not play in the game.
- My Recommendation: Give a photo copy of your insurance card and school ID to Coach Suzi. She will have these at each game and practice. If you choose not to do this, you must carry your cards with you at all times.
- As stated above, to participate in a practice the NC Athletic Packet (including the physical) must be turned in to the Athletic Office in advance before participating in a practice.
- Practices will be Mon, Wed, Thurs, Friday. 5-7pm. The season goes until the end of May.
- We will meet at door 28 until announced otherwise.
- Bring proper clothes and shoes to practice inside or outside each day.
- Tank tops are not allowed. Spandex or leggings can be worn, but must be covered with shorts.
- A full day of school is required to participate. (Unless you have a legal excuse for missing school (ex. Doctor appt), and have signed in and out at school.)
To play in a game:
- All practice requirements described above must be met.
- Players must be registered online as a North Central player with Rugby Indiana (see register link under Dues).
- You will be required to run a mile in less than 11 minutes in order to be eligible to play in a Varsity game. The first mile test will be in late February or early March.
- Dues must be paid in full.
- You must have your cleats, mouthguard, and full uniform with you to play in a game.
- You must ride the bus to away games.
- You must have a waiver signed by a parent and turned into the Athletic Office at least 24 hours prior to the game to ride home with a parent after a game.
- If you are removed from a game for misconduct, at least one game suspension will be imposed, and you still need to attend practices. Please see the Rugby Indiana by laws on the Rugby Indiana website for more details on their suspension policies.
- Attendance is a major factor towards game time. Letting Coach Suzi know in advance of an absence will greatly help lessen the impact on your game time.
- If you miss three practices in a row without talking to Suzi first or 10 practices total starting March 1st, you could be cut from the team.
- You can’t miss more than 7 practices (along with other criteria) in order to be ELIGIBLE for PE credit.
Other Important Information
- Check our facebook group often for announcements. You will be responsible for what is communicated via this website and facebook from the coaches.
- Urgent announcements will be posted by a coach on the facebook page and/or be tweeted by @NC_Coach_Suzi.
- Games are typically can be any day of the week except Sunday.
- Make-up games and practices could be held any day of the week except Sundays.
- Please attend Speed and Sky after school.
- Please also take advantage of the after school weight-lifting if you are not already in a weights class at NC.
- Buy your cleats now, and have Suzi or Niner approve them before you wear them. Most soccer cleats are acceptable. Football or softball cleats are NOT. Please ask a coach if you have questions.
- If a player is caught sexually harassing someone, hazing another player, drinking alcohol, or doing drugs they will be removed from the team.
- The NC Athletic Department and Coaching Staff reserves the right to remove a player from the team in the event of misconduct at anytime at their discretion.
- Varsity Jackets
- The NC Girls Rugby club can use club funds to pay for up to half of the cost of a Varsity Letter jacket if the player has received three letters in Rugby, plays their senior year (or commits to playing their senior year if it is prior to that season), has been in good rapport with her coaches and teammates, and contacts the coach about this once they have received their third letter.
- The NC Athletic Department and Coaching staff will not seek out players who fall into the above requirements and reserves the right to deny paying this portion.
- An individual fundraiser might be available for the player to pay for the player’s portion of the jacket. See a coach for more information on the fundraiser.
Coach Contact Info